Sunday 4 February 2024

04/02/24 - Centenary Way - Stage 24

Dying of Boredom on the Centenary Way


I had made a new year's resolution to complete more research before heading out on my walks.

One look at the map for the latest leg of a stunningly dull long distance path made me realise this wasn't required today.  

The start is Whatcote. The decision on whether I wanted to patronise a two starred Michelin "pub", where the only menu detailed on their website is an £85 tasting menu is made for me. The Royal Oak is closed for their winter break.

The other building of interest is St Peter's Church. I was that bored on my return to the village that I forgot to inspect the damage caused by a stray WWII bomb. I can understand why the German's targeted the area.

St Peter's Church, Whatcote
St Peter's Church, Whatcote

Warwickshire, Whatcote - Bomb damage
Flickr can be relied on for research

The walk?  Six miles of Warwickshire field edges.  

Field Edges on the Warwickshire Centenary Way
How was your Sunday?

Two legs left on the Centenary Way.  I'm sure you will be as pleased as me it is coming to an end.

Walk Details

Distance - 6 Miles

Geocaches - 2

Pub - The George Townhouse, Shipston-on-Stour (visited post walk, 6 miles away)

Previous Stages - Stage 1Stage 2Stage 3Stage 4Stage 5Stage 6Stage 7Stage 8Stage 9Stage 10Stage 11Stage 12Stage 13Stage 14Stage 15Stage 16Stage 17Stage 18Stage 19Stage 20Stage 21Stage 22, Stage 23

No comments:

Post a Comment