Sunday 27 September 2020

27/09/20 - Leighterton Geocaching and the Royal Oak

Distance - 5 Miles

Geocaches - 26

First Cache 


In an optimistic moment before the announcement of the 2nd great pub lock down, I booked myself into Gloucester's Premier Inn with the aim of getting a few new Good Beer Guide ticks.  

Its still going ahead, even if I will be comfortably in bed for Match of the Day 2.

To make a day of it, I planned a bonus tick at Leighterton's Royal Oak.  It makes a handy start for a 5 mile round of 26 Geocaches and I will pay for my parking by having a post walk lunch.

The caching couldn't be any more straightforward.  Out of the village, along lanes, some 7ft crops to negotiate and a free entry into Westonbirt Arboretum.

Leighterton Church
Other than the pub, Leighterton's other building of Interest
Gecocache
Geocaching, Cotswold Style
Crop
The Battle of the Crops
Westonbirt Arboretum
McMillan Way, taking me through the Arboretum

It was also the day after the great Geocaching fight back against the lock-down happened.  We want to be free, to do what we've got to do, and we want to Geocache.

Caching Revolution
Only 6 people are allowed to Geocache

Thanks to dasie19 & Artorius70 for a nice walk and a well maintained series of caches.

Back to the Royal Oak - in all its Cotswold stoned loveliness.   There's a reason the car park was still empty on my 1:40pm return.

Royal Oak, Leighterton
A covid casualty - albeit on a temporary basis.



No comments:

Post a Comment