Saturday 23 July 2022

23/07/22 - Greater Manchester Ringway - Stage 4 - Bramhall to Middlewood

Start - Bramhall Railway Station

Finish -  Middlewood Railway Station

Previous Stages - Stage 1Stage 2, Stage 3

Distance - 7.5 Miles

Geocaches - 4 and an Adventure Lab Cache 

Walk Inspiration

Familiar ground on Stage 4 of the Greater Manchester Ringway.  Finishing off the town centre Adventure Lab Cache and heading out on the same path to Bramhall Hall.  This time, however, I am provided with a good view.

Bramhall Hall
Bramhall in view

Last time, I headed west to Didsbury - for the pubs. This time, I am heading east and doing the walk as the designer intended. Its familiar terrain along Lady Brook and into a nature reserve called the Happy Valley.  I hear series 3 is set for release in 2023.

The Happy Valley
The terrain is woodland and stream

It's pleasant walking - along with the dogs of a leafy Stockport suburb. Little to bring you in way of photos. Even a circuit of Poynton Lake proves unphotogenic. I maybe should have brought shots of houses with bigger garages than other peoples houses.

Poynton Park
I do determine that I am in East Cheshire.  Which was unexpected.

Middlwood station is the end of the walk - with trains every two hours (Sat afternoon) to Piccadilly.  It's that wild, I think it may be a request stop. No signs to tell you which platform is for Manchester but fortunately, a signal to consult Google.

No pubs - but my Rover Ticket will get me to Chorlton for an afternoon of Good Beer Guide Ticking.

No comments:

Post a Comment