Sunday 17 July 2022

17/07/22 - The Harborne Run

Distance - c3 miles

Geocaches - 1

Pubs - 10.  You don't necessarily need to visit any of them.  But you should.

Good Beer Guide Pubs - #694 and #695


Sometimes your hobbies combine.  I have had my eye on this Multi-Cache for some time.  To provide the non-cacher with an idea of what this involves, the seeker needs to collect information from a number of sources.  Apply the information to a formula to work out the final co-ordinates.  Go and find the cache to sign your name.

I've possibly lost 30% of my readership but I'll quickly re-ignite their interest.  The information is found on pubs.  10 of them.  10 that make up a version of the "Harborne Run".... one of those legendary pub crawls that have gone down in booze-hound folklore.

The Instructions
The Instructions

A photo-blog of a great afternoon out. 

The Green Man, Harborne
Green Man - Ember Inn - Info collection, unvisited
The Plough, Harborne
The Plough - Packed at 11:30am on a Sunday.....

The Plough, Harborne
... Where half a Blue Moon (compulsory orange slice) is £3.75.  Can I afford to cache?

The Hop Garden, Harborne
Good Beer Guide Tick - Lovely Garden - Forced to await the scrape of the bolt

The Hop Garden, Harborne
Inside at midday - Not too shabby (chic)

The White Horse, Harborne
2nd Good Beer Guide Tick of the Day - the White Horse
The White Horse, Harborne
Positives: Aircon.  Cask Jaipur.  Negatives: Stuffed in an Abbot Glass

The Harborne Stores, Harborne
Cheapest pint in Harborne - unvisited this time - I have complex maths to do later

The Junction, Harborne
One my favourites in the land - The Junction.  In my excitement to get there, I failed to photograph the Slug and Lettuce.  Oh well, it wasn't for me, anyway.
The Junction, Harborne
Chesterfield Wing Backs, TT Landlord and a home made Scotch Egg on order
The Vine, Harborne
The Vine - I don't do pubs that sizzle
Future Spoons
I'll wait for the adjacent building to open as a JDW
The New Inn, Harborne
Unvisited New Inn - Don't remember this being a Marstons - but a fine pint was had on my previous visit

The Bell, Harborne
The Bell - Final Pub - A beauty, with views overlooking a bowling green and onto a church.  Bucolic. 
Working out the Math with Posh Lager
To work out the Maths with a posh lager

And the co-ords looked good - despite the Hop Garden changing their windows and a slightly ambiguous count of doors at the Junction. 

I would publish a photo of the find with name signed on the log but I don't want to provide any clues.

Future cachers will have to work just as hard as I did.

Thanks so much for the TheSharksmiths setting me up with a fine afternoon's entertainment!

No comments:

Post a Comment