Monday 13 June 2011

13/6/11 - Power to the Peopleton

Distance - 3.5 Miles
Number of Caches - 11
Previous Peopleton Round

Peopleton Geocaching



A Geocacher Lives Here
Back in October 2010, a new round appeared in this delightful Worcestershire Village.  This was completed on the first weekend of publication, hiding from the other teams of geocachers that had the same idea.

I should have waited until a Summer's Monday night - as I had the place to myself.  The original trail has now been disabled and a new one has been laid that takes in many of the same paths.

Take in the last parking space in the pub and head up past the church.  I rememeber these paths and I remember the cache that looked as though it was in someone's garden and they were gardening at the time.  This round sees an igenious one on the bridge, a but further away from prying eyes.

The Dog's got a sniff of the cache.... Good Dog

Last time I was around Wolverton Hall, I was hiding from Wrighty.  Today, I am dodging a fella with a tractor mower.  Manage to take the wrong paths but end up taking a small diversion back to one buried by bricks.

We then follow permissive paths with great views across Malvern and then as I turn the corner, Bredon Hill.

At Aston Hall Farm we have a brush with nature, as we cross a field of young bulls.  This is the second time in three days I have been the victim of a bovine charge.  To make matters worse today, the bloody horses join in.  I don't mind cows, as they are all mouth and no trousers - a quick "Get out of it" sends them running.  Horses, however, are farmyard enforcers and that just makes them more angry.  Manage to get the dog through the gate and take a photo for evidence.

Wanted!  Inciting a farmyard riot.
Then we are on green lanes that get increasingly puddle bound from the rain yesterday.  Blog Fans will notice that my daughter was 17 yesterday, so I have bought an example of a road sign to test her.

Top Sign means "No Access in Mom's Focus"

I have previously commented on what a beautful spot Barrel Bridge is.  Today, the ford is up because of the rain.  But by how much?  They is only one way to find out - chuck a Ribena bottle into the flow.

Shoulder High to a Labradoodle

This green lane brings us out onto the road, just north of Peopleton and a nice walk through the village reveals all of its architectual glory.  Lovely place.

As the previous cache trail had a bonus in the pub car park and this one starts just over the road, I have come to the conclusion that jayvon is the landlord of the Crown.  Thanks for another great trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment