Thursday 2 June 2011

2/6/11 - Where the River Meets the Sea

Distance - 5 Miles
Number of Caches - 0
Interesting feature - A way up one river and back down another

Helford River



Ok, you can have too much of a good thing. This is walk number five and I am absolutely knackered. I am meant to be on my holidays!

Yesterday's news - Solo Walk, FEB, then over to family rocket where we went down to the sea but it was too cold, so we came back to there campsite for an epic game of football. The game was complete with another sibling pair of Ellie and Alex. Then leave at 8pm and the car had a row with ditch, which nearly involved a tractor to extract it. Hopefully no damage done and it will get us back home, as the RAC may not be able to cope with four people a dog and all our luggage.

Woke early today and can't even blame the seagulls. Thought I would be on my own, but both Sonia and the dog were expressing an interest, so we had a rediculous drive to Helford River where I thought I might lose the car to another ditch. My audi was designed for the autobahn.

The walk is a little different, but still on the SWC path. We are walking up the shaded woodland alongside the River Helford to St Anthony. Nice walking and there are plenty of coves for Molly to have a swim.

Helford River

Cove
Submarinedoodle

Climb up to St Anthony.  Here, we have the Helford to the left, the sea in front and the Gillan Creek to the left.  Nice spot for views.

Water, Water, Everywhere

Dropping down to Gillan Creek
The footpath takes us back to Manaccan and then through lovely woodland back to the car.  This is how early we are up.... the cafe isn't open for breakfast.  The Cornish wit has been entaining Alex all week, but I must admit I prefer my humour a touch more subtle.


After 17 Assing places, a variation - complete with a Johnston at the top


So, after five pre-6am starts and decent length walks... stunning views and some good geocaches, I am going to probably call it a day.  Tonight, I am going to hit the pub.

No comments:

Post a Comment