Friday 3 June 2011

3/6/11 - High Drama at Coverack

Miles - 3
Geocaches - 3
Best Pint - Paris Hotel
Exciting Event - Air Ambulance

I got my big lie in for the lads.  The art of travel is to be anywhere but where you are today.  This doesn't apply when you find somewhere as beautiful as Coverack.  This is perhaps the nicest place we have been in England.  Honesty parking for a short walk down to a beautiful dog friendly beach...  lots of shops and a nice town, with the Paris Hotel on the headland.  It might have been the walk, but I think they served the best Tribute ever.

Yesterdays update....  Walk with Sonia at Helford, then meet Family Rocket at Kynance Cove.  The tide is out, so we get to do the Asparagus Island geocache.  Nice bit of adventorous climbing.  Home for hot tub, then the best Fish and Chips ever at the Lizard and a couple of pints at the Witchball.  I am not sure that I have ever had a better day.

After getting the family settled on the beach at Coverack, its too hot for me to sit around, so I head off north up the headland through Lowlands to pick up three caches.  Cache 1 I have to get on the return, cache 2 has a family of cachers already there, so I have to lurk around and cache 3 is at the site of a wrecked boat.  The walk would have been part of my St Keverne walk, if I could have fit it in.

Dog Friendly

Now, I am tired
Return from the walk and need a pint, so we head up to the Paris Hotel on the headland.  Officially the best pint of Tribute in Cornwall.

Look out Ladies of Cornwall
Cheers!  Here's to my greatest holiday.
And the drama - on the exit from Coverack we are 2nd on the scene to a lady cyclist in the middle of the road.  She is conscious but does not want to be moved and does not know what happened to her.  Cue Ambulance, Police and the Air Ambulance.  Very exciting to see the helicopter land.  Sure the lady was fine and who knows what cause her predicament.  Possibly heat stroke.  Sonia felt that they should have moved her to the side of the road earlier.  She is not known for her patience.

So that's it for cornwall.  Next blog, a five miler around Tipton.

No comments:

Post a Comment