Tuesday 19 October 2010

17/10/10 - Nottingham City Centre

Normal walking and caching has been cancelled this weekend, due to a visit to Nottingham to catch up with old friends.  Stay in the hilton in the City Centre..... OK once you have parked.

After seeing our friends, my major requirement was to visit Ye Olde Trip.  Everytime I talk to anyone from this City, I ask them about this place.  I guess its because I am a regular in the fighting cocks in St Albans, which also claims to be the oldest pub in England...  The pub was excellent - loads of nooks and crannies and dead ends, which meant my exploring was increasingly embarassing as I walked into small rooms full of people with no exits.  The beers were good and there was one cache just outside, which I found on the Sunday.

Also found the other cache at the top of the hill by the castle - which means a 2 cache haul when sneaking out the hotel and leaving her indoors, indoors.

Englands Oldest Pub?  Dont Tell St Albans....
If I came again and had the time, there are a lot of caches down by the river in the east of the City.

No comments:

Post a Comment