Monday 25 April 2011

25/4/11 - Habberley Valley Geotrail

Distance - 4.5 Miles
Number of caches - 11
Number found - 10
First cache

Habberley Valley Geocaching at EveryTrail


Wasn't sure whether to go today.... I looked at this trail and the lack of clues and some older logs meant that this was going to be a tough and igenious round.  As I am not the greatest at looking for things, I thought Mrs Mappiman would come and give me a hand... after all, she is the first port of call for when ever anything is put away missing in the house.

Alas, she was in the gym, along with generation +1 and generation -1, so I went out alone in Nature's gym to find this.  This is a small walk, but a couple of stiff climbs but you are rewarded with stunning views.  Good trails and all caches on footpaths to make it a very good circular walk.

I am proud of myself that I managed 10 out of 11 on a solo trip, as most had no clues and were incedibly well contrived.  Thanks to Captain Parsley for a stunning round.  In the interests of letting others enjoy the search, I cannot say anything here or in the logs but there is plenty to smile about on this round.

The other great thing is that I spend a lot of time travelling the country looking for the most beautiful locations and at times on this walk, I have forgotton that some of them exist on my own doorsteps.  Click on the everytrail link for some of the scenery photos.  Others below

Track

Stream part of the Walk

Miserable Labradoodle - Why do we spend so much time hanging around in the woods?
Released my first travelbug in one of the caches - lets see how far this goes.

A stunning collection of caches.  Highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment