Sunday 10 April 2011

10/4/11 - Micro Trail from Stourport to Bewdley

Distance - 7.6 Miles
Number of Cache - 9
Number found - 8
Number of Brummies eating chips with their tops off, showing tattoos - 394
First Cache

Crobba Cache Trail



This is a first for us - a caching trail out on our bikes.  Weather is glorious, bored to tears by the Villa vs. Newcastle game, so at 5:30, we get the bikes out the garage and head off to take in this newly laid trail.

Down canal to chav central that is Shipley's and the head upstream to Bewdley.  Convinced there is a sale on at a Burberry's hat shop.

We don't get off to a great start - cache 1 has to be logged as a DNF.  We spent 20 mins there going through every angled post but no joy.  In reflection, I reckon its in a hollowed out hole on the underside of one of the posts as we had a thorough look.  There was a previous find today, but they had to phone a friend, so maybe they will offer advice!

Cache 2 is straigtforward and Cache 3 is the highlight.  Another lengthy hunt, but what views.  I have been here many times but never clambered up the rock face.  Really pleased to eventually get the cache.

Camera lady said breathe in... believe me, I was.
Cache 4 put a smile on my face and then its carry the bikes up to the bridge and back down the other side for the return trip.

All the caches here to the bridge at stourport were easy enough and well placed / hidden.  The path was just about passable on a bike, but I do feel like I have been in the grand national now I am writing this an hour on my return.  Think I need to upgrade my bike.  There were a couple of stiles to hioke the bike over and of course, getting it up the metal steps when we get to cache 9.

Then a quick blast through town.  Road riding, avoiding souped up corsas with big fat exhausts.

Very nice trail - thanks crobba.  Get home and find out I missed nothing on the football.

No comments:

Post a Comment