Thursday 18 November 2010

Is this the greatest device ever for caching?

Glofiish X800
I have always used PDAs for caching but in a effort to carry only one device with me, I got hold of this Windows Mobile phone with GPS of Ebay.

First things first - the GPS is deadly accurate - never any spikes or random jumps around - always spot in.  Even in London.  This makes finding nano's easier.

I can run cachemate for a downloaded list of caches in the area and can log my caches, if I have 3G or a Wi-Fi in the pub, I can log the finds in the field.

But the greatest feature - as put to use in Harpenden last night - it has a torch on the back!  And it works pretty well, enabling me to go down a pitch black footpath and find a 35mm cannister behind a gas main!  How good is that.

If only I could get a signal at home, it would be perfect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment