Tuesday 9 November 2010

7th November 2010 - A new round outside kiddy

Miles - No more than 3
Number of caches - around 8
Number found - 1.5 on day one and the other half on day 2.
First cache - http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=74ab0fda-e33f-4e72-9892-9c5b0dd76913

If you like a challenge, then I recommend this cache trail that has just appeared outside of kiddy.  There are no clues, apart from the titles that are anagrams.  I am useless at anagrams, so had a less than successful day caching, but I did enjoy it.

I particulary need to tell you about the experiences at http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=5406c71b-cab1-4ad5-bc42-3719c268bb73.

The first cache at the parking layby completely baffled me.  I then moved on the star of the show.  I could guess where it was, but it looked like it needed special equipment.  My attempts as dislodging with a very large branch were futile.  Fortunately, I had the glen to myself, so no-one saw.

After following the trail and finding only one, despite deciphering at least one anagram, I returned home and enlisted the help of my son.  He wanted a new game for his PS3 - so he owed and due the fact that we needed ladders, we retuned on 9/11/10 with the appropriate kit, under the cover of darkness.

Hi Ho - Its off to work we go!
A short but muddy walk brings us to GZ and then up persiscope and send the boy up to retreive.

I'll do anything for a PS3 Game
He chucks down what I was poking with a stick on Sunday and lets just say that it turns out not as expected.  More hunting required, but eventual success and I have the TBs to prove it.

As I say, this trail is not your normal run on the mill series and I think the remainder will keep me occupied for a number of weeks.

Thanks to FungimanForager for setting them up and sending an email to all the hunters over the weekend, explaining the raionale behind the series!

No comments:

Post a Comment