Saturday 21 December 2019

21/12/19 - Craven Arms, Birmingham

Good Beer Guide Tick - #422

The Craven Arms, Gough Street, Birmingham

422 ticks from the bible and although I am yet to complete a county, I have now completed a City Centre.

The Craven Arms is not totally convenient for the Xmas Shoppers - but if you're attending a gig at the Academy, its just around the corner.   The Wonderstuff are in town and I find myself with like minded people - even if I think that 50 is a touch too old for a band T-Shirt.

Craven Arms, Birmingham
Indie Kids, Punks and Mrs M - permanently on her phone
What to say?   Its a Black Country Ales pub - and once you've been in one, you've been in them all. There's a blue print. Classic old pub, renovated to pubby comfort, an eclectic variety of beers from breweries that you may have heard of, loving displayed on TV screens with a corporate powerpoint theme of white on black.

Tonight I struck lucky - a Titanic that wasn't plum but glacial and an Oakham that was Citra.

Outside is where the beauty lies.

Craven Arms, Birmingham
Tiling to make Manchester Proud
Rest of the West Midlands to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment