Sunday 24 April 2016

24/04/16 - Miserden Part 2 - The Northern Loop

Distance - 7.75 Miles
Geocaches - 31
First Cache
Pub - Fostons Ash Inn - Stroud Brewery Budding


I was here in March to complete the SE Loop and vowed to savour this fine geocaching trail of 3 separate loops by knocking off one a month. It's nearly the end of April, so back I come to complete the Northern Loop.

Finding the car park is no problem.  Stored in the car's sat nav.  No other cars there as I arrive at 9:00am on the dot.

I know what to expect - nice easy caches and a chance to explore another new part of the Cotswolds.

It's stunning.

Sheep at the Start of the Loop
Out into the Sheep Field - All the lambs are gathered at the field end
Fields and a country lane to Wishanger Farm, where we walk through the farm yard, through to Whiteway and onto Climperwell Woods.

Which are awash with bluebells.

Bluebell Woods
Bluebell Woods
Skirt the edges of Brimpsfield, walking past a polo training school.  It's that kind of area.

Reach a wonderfully secluded dry valley which brings me to the tiny but beautiful village of Caudle Green.

The day after St George's day and I have never felt so English.

Caudel Green
Costwolds in a Picture
Just the ups and downs of Miserden Park to complete and another excellent day's caching is over.

Last Cache of the Day
Last cache of the Day - Under the Vapour Trails
A walk through the village, where I pass up the opportunity to re-visit the Carpenter's Arms.  I have my eye on a little place that I passed on the drive in.  The Church bells peel to announce its 12pm - exactly 3 hours out and a christening congregation exits adding some colour to the day.

Get back to the Car Park and there's a lot more cars - one definitely belonging to a cacher - it has a trackable on the back window, which I must remember to discover.

The pub for today is the charming looking Fostons Ash Inn.

Fostons Ash Inn
The Charming Cotswolds
It's not really a pub but a restaurant.  However, I will be forever grateful for the introduction to Stroud Brewery - their Budding Pale Ale is something to seek out again.  I feel a trip to Stroud coming on.

Stroud Brewery Budding
Even the local Camra Mag to read - the Tippler
Once again, thanks to rupertmh for another superb trail and an introduction to new paths.

Already looking forward to May for the third and final loop.

No comments:

Post a Comment