Thursday 14 July 2011

14/7/11 - Egg Chasers, Home of the Fuzz and Mad Bovines

Distance
Caches - 10, 8 looked for, 7 found

Hindlip



I am prepared to forsake tea in the bid for fresh air and geocache glory.  Arrive at 6:30pm and park up at the co-ords and head down the worcester canal in the hope of bumping into Julia Bradbury. 

Make do with multicache 1 which is near where the rugby team train.  I know this, because everytime I try and look for the 2nd part of the cache, another studded pair of boots runs over the bridge.  That and a barge getting stuck in the tight lock with Mr Barge shouting at Mrs Barge mean that i head off for cache number 2.

I get into the swing of this series now.  I think someone has been buying cache receptacles from the Internet.  I would take photos, but that would ruin it for everyone else.  Lets just say that everyone that you find will make you smile.

Back down to the canal, past some fisherman and over the bridge to walk under the A449 and then through some high grass as I walk toward Hindlip, the police HQ.  This is what I love about caching, the inspiration to find new paths that you would never think to go.  This round takes me through the grounds of Hindlip - although the grass getting there is a bit tough going.  Cache number 4 will have to be recorded as a DNF and I am ashamed to say that I am the first to do this.

There is a diversion notice here saying the paths are closed due to new dangers.  I wonder if this has anything to do with it.  Seems a bit of an extreme way of protecting the caches.

Keep walking, cacher.
Out through the police HQ.  Lovely building.  2nd time I have been here, once with work.

Off to Smite farm through fields.  More great caches and through the high fields of wheat aiming for an old 16th century granary barn.

Spot Mappiman
Next cache is fine but number 8 is in a field that is guarded by two dogs, a herd of angry cows and some type of mad farmer who seems to live in a hideout in the field.  I wander into the field and two of those criminally annoying small dogs that you are not allowed to kick come and attack me.  They leave Molly alone.  Manage to send then packing and the bovines come for a gallop.  Is there a more terrifying sight than a field of cows running at you.  Normally they run off when you shout at them, but not these.  These are commando cows, scared of nothing.  I start to make a move out of their field and they gain confidence from my retreat.  As I look behind me in mortal danger, the man from the shack comes out, presumably in case I am upsetting his ladies.

The best thing is, I reckon I know where the cache is!

Cache 9 has a top view and cache 10 sums up the series.

Top series - so thanks to moss8945 for the clever caches.  I am recording 7 finds, 1 dnf and 2 did not look!

No comments:

Post a Comment