Sunday 6 February 2011

5/2/11 - Droitwich/Worcester Canal

Miles - 3.8
Geocaches - 2
From - http://walks.walkingworld.com/Walk/Hawford-Circular-Canal-Walk.aspx

Worcester/Droitwich Canal at EveryTrail


Quick walk today, as we are off for a Saturday night out and I have to take Ellie shopping.

I have been watching the Droitwich to Worcester canal being renovated for some time now.  The work has finished, and this is the first time that I have walked down there. 

Park up at Lock Lane and get down to the canal.  Towpath is very muddy.  Easy walking for a couple of miles as you have the river Salwarpe to the left and the canal to the right.

There are a couple of caches down here.  The first one is an easy find, but hasnt been found since October, for some reason.  Still - there aren't any people at all down here on a blustery Saturday morning, so its a bit of a forgotten area for walkers.


Cache at Bridge 3
Turns out that I have already found the second cache.  Weird, as I have never been down here before!  This has been moved from its original location which was becoming impaired due to pigs and ploughed fields.  As it happens, I end up visiting it's original location later in the walk, after I head up the Monarchs Way.

Straightforward, flat walk.  Just enough to blow out the cobwebs.

No comments:

Post a Comment