Saturday 4 December 2010

4/12/10 - The RQ Series near Romsley

Number of Caches - 8 and Bonus and an outlier
Distance - 4 miles
First Cache - http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=36cea992-3cfa-4493-b784-0fbd83478da7
The bleak start - it gets better when it starts raining.
After four days in London for work, I want to get out in the countryside and don't let the weather put me off.  There have been three new series setup in my local area, so this will keep me busy until the end of the year.

One of them is a new series in Romsley - four miles and nine caches, in the woods and fields between the m5 and halesowen.  I park up at the layby near cache 1, only marginally concerned about whether I will be able to get out of the snow at the end.

The above picture shows the lack of view.  Head down the Monarch way, which provides good paths, especially through the woods.  The caches are all pretty easy to find, which is fine for me in this weather.  I dont want to be hanging around!

After RQ 1 to 4 - There is an outlier cache, http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=d0b048ea-d80b-4d91-9ad7-2e3ad0c61669, which has a nice story.  I have walked here before and wondered what all the brick foundations were.  Have a look at the cache for a photo revealing what it was for and why it went.

So thats what these are for!


After this one, I start the walk back.  I should have put the bonus co-ords into the sat nav, as I end up walking past it.  More careful reading of the description would have revealed this to me.

The sheep come out at Cache 6 to provide some advice....

Helpers
And look out for the hidden place watching over Cache 7!

Protecting the cache..
So, missed out on the bonus, but I will come back at some point to complete.  Thanks to Lime Candy for setting up another nice route.

No comments:

Post a Comment