Saturday 10 April 2021

10/04/21 - Longdon - Caching, old style and new

Distance - 5.5m

Geocaches - 34 + An Adventure Lab Cache

First Cache



A last weekend before I spend weekdays looking for pubs, Good Beer Accredited or otherwise, that have enough outdoor space to justify emerging from a too long hibernation.  

Longdon, Rugeley is chosen for a two cache trail series.  Recently maintained and with an embedded image that had to be made with Memory Map - it reminded me of how caching trails used to be.

Three hours out in the fresh air - just what was needed.  Only two errors committed - getting told off for casing someones house for robbery at the beginning and then actually entering someone's garden at the end.  I need the pubs to re-open to stop me from getting arrested.

Thanks to andycpuk  for the placement and recent maintenance.  It is appreciated.


How cache pages used to look
Old School Cache Listing with the Route

When a Micro isn't a Church Micro
When a Micro isn't a Church Micro

Dark Lane
Dark Lane

Staffordshire
Staffordshire, under hail heavy clouds

Farewell Longdon, I'm off for an ALC
Farewell Longdon - I'm off for an Adventure Lab Cache

After the traditional round(s), I decide to use a more modern device than my 10 year old GPS to complete an Adventure Lab Cache around Slitting Mill.  Same concept, but you use your phone to find and input information into an App.  I am finding these mildly addictive.  Waterfalls, Pumphouses, a semi detached church were investigated and further proof that after cyclists, fishermen are the most miserable creatures on God's Earth.


The Horns, Slitting Mill
A week too early for post ALC refreshments


No comments:

Post a Comment