Monday 2 November 2020

01/11/20 - The Adlestrop Amble

Number of caches - 11
First Cache

Could be the last Geocaching round for a while, as we enter 2nd Lockdown.  The rules are unclear.  I can exercise outside and I can go for a short drive.  There is no definition of what "short drive" mean and if this goes on for three months like last time, I am sure I will be testing any limits.

Having woken in Chipping Norton's Premier Inn, I decide to get some fresh air on the way home.  Seeing a short 4 mile round of wrighty Geocaches was enough to make my mind up.

Adlestrop it is - with parking at the Village Hall, just over the road from the country's most famous bus stop.

Adlestop Bus Stop
Why so famous?
The Poem
WW1 Poem on the Bench

I'm sure I found a Geocache there many years ago.  Up in the rafters.

The walk is through autumnal woodland and onto Adlestrop Hill, where there are uninterrupted views across the Cotswolds.  The caches were nicely hidden and I appear to have come back with 3 TBs.  I doubt whether I need to notify the owners that it may be more than 2 weeks before I drop them off.  They are probably in lock down too.

Autumn Woodland Paths
Leaves, hiding the muddy perils
Views under ominous skies
Views under Ominous Skies.

A nice circuit on a some previously undiscovered paths.  What Geocaching is all about.  Thanks again, wrighty


No comments:

Post a Comment