Saturday 6 June 2020

06/06/20 - Concrete Jungle Geocaching at Little Wenlock

Distance - 9 miles
Geocaches - 60 in the round
Drink - Tring Brewery Drop Bar


When the next generation ask me "what did you do in the war on Covid 19?", I am going to have to answer "I mainly went searching for things like this".

Geocaching
Geocaching gets the boot
The Concrete Jungle series of caches have been out in the field for 8 years. Many haven't been found this year.  Walking alone, its not too surprising that I ended up with a relatively high percentage of DNF. Completing the circuit in reverse order, I also lost the trail from cache 10 downwards and ended up completing a noose shaped walk, with a repeat stretch along Limekiln Lane.

But not to worry - the walking - mainly in the shadow of the Wrekin and through the pretty village of Little Wenlock,  more than made up for any blue faces of shame that I left on the geo-map.

Views from Little Wenlock
Best views of the day on the Approach to Little Wenlock
I also found inspiration for future walks - some of today's paths are shared with the Telford T50 - a 50 mile circuit of the town, broken down into 5 day walks. When I feel confident enough to venture on Public Transport again, I will be attempting this.

Telford T50
Shropshire way and the less known Telford T50
We are edging closer to when the pubs re-open and I hope the Huntsman in Little Wenlock survives.  My refreshments were a pre-planned picnic, sat on a stile on the outskirts of Huntington. With just the cows for company.

Lunch time
Last of the impressive bottle raid from Tring Brewery
Thanks to the nozi parkerz for a good day out in the countryside.


No comments:

Post a Comment