Sunday 14 June 2015

14/06/15 - Peeping Tom

Distance - 7 Miles
Geocaches - 6
Walk Inspiration - Stage 25 of the Millennium Way

Time for this month's leg of the Millennium Way and I am instructed to park at a pub called the Peeping Tom.  Makes you wonder what names they considered before settling on an act of sexual deviancy.  It's an odd looking place, a modern new build, but it does have a car park.  And a carvery.  Al Murray's pub landlord would be delighted.

Peeping Tom Pub
Not Normal
It also has a cache directly opposite, which provides some distraction whilst I await the GPS to get a signal.

Head off out into the wilds of the English countryside by finding a footpath through the houses.  A theme emerges for the this walk.  It's very badly overgrown.

Millennium Way
They care for football as much as footpaths in these parts
It makes the next couple of geocaches an impossibility.  I cannot even find the things that are the hints.  Not to worry, I'll just concentrate on the walking and the views over to Coventry Cathedral's spire.

Millennium Way
The Warwickshire Countryside
The Millennium Way is picked up near Rudfyn Manor and the quality of the footpaths improves greatly, as I walk on broad paths through the fields of wheat.  The geocaching also improves and I start making some finds as I pick up a themed trail.

These break up the walking along Hob Lane to Cacthems Corner and back along the railway line to the pub.  Next month, I should have more to report as I look forward to the Millennium Way taking me to Kenilworth Castle.

Millennium Way
All Hail the Ale

No comments:

Post a Comment