Monday 6 September 2010

05/09/10 - Not all Cache Trips are successful!

Starting Cache - http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=b89ad8e6-5c7a-46bf-8f86-962066f057bd

Number found - 3

Been on holiday for two weeks and didnt think there would be much caching going on in Africa.  So, in an effort to keep the numbers up, I attempt this stroll around Leasowes Park in Halesowen.   There are around 10 caches in the park but due to *cough* rustiness and bad weather, I only manage three.  Pathetic!

In prep for setting off, I ask Mrs Mappiman on the weather - she says no rain till 2pm, so I dont bother with coat or GPS protection - big mistake.

Get to the park and find the first easily enough - nicely hidden cache with good views over the park....  Lots of pools and a great big golf course.  This makes the trail tricky, as its not obvious on which paths to take and you dont want to be traipsing a labradoodle when the golfers are on the green.

Scene from Cache 1
Head around for the 2nd cache - which had a fair few DNF, so pleased to get it after a reasonably lengthy hunt.  Then off the Leasowes trail to find the third and last of the day, despite there being around another 8 in the park.

The reason - one - people - there were loads around.  I am not crawling under a bridge when there is the chace of being spotted.  Nor am I going hunting at a cache called "No Fishing" that has three fishermen sat around the pool.

Finally, the non promised rain game down very heavy.  I dont mind getting wet but with no protection for the GPS, I decide to head back to the car.

I will return to this area again!

No comments:

Post a Comment