Saturday 28 March 2020

28/03/20 - Coniston Bluebird at Blackstone Rock

Distance - 7.5 Miles

Desperate days but I will adapt to survive and make the best of things.  A walk from my front door, with a place in mind for a refreshment stop.

It gave me time to reflect on our town. A town where even Wetherspoons sold up their pub. I pass this, next to the "fun fair" and a group of men are taking advantage of the outside furniture to drink their own cans and smoke their own fags.

I don't know whether to be appalled at their disregard of a national crisis or be impressed with their carry on as if nothing had happened spirit. On reflection, it was the former.

They were on Carling.

Stourport Gatekeeper
Stourport Custodian - Keeping an eye on a former Wetherspoons
The river is reached without coming within 2m of any potential carriers. The west side is quiet. The floods have gone.  The mud has hardened.

River Severn
The River Severn, my companion.
At Ribbesford, we find the artifacts of an ancient civilisation.  Who knows what they used the green space with white sticks at either end for?

Artifacts of an ancient civilisation
Ribbesford - a place for ritual sacrifice or something more sinister?
The midway point and I spy my lunch spot.  Blackstone Rock - a sandstone rock, providing a lookout, high over the river.

My lunch Stop
Lunch time
Ham Sandwiches and one of my 10 bottles of Coniston Bluebird that has to last me through this crisis.  Like a man on a lifeboat, I have decided to trickle feed them as an occasional treat, rather than go for a couple of big Fridays.

Bottle Conditioned
How Civilised - bottle conditioned, so I remembered my glass 
Up high, I had a good view of any approaching infected. But I couldn't stay there forever. 

I ran out of sandwiches.

No comments:

Post a Comment