Saturday 26 November 2016

25/11/16 - The Bush Inn, Worcester

Down a country lane signposted Uphampton, overlooked by nothing but the Worcestershire countryside, is the Canon Royall Brewery.

On a ring road, next to a pizza takeaway, overlooked by blocks of flats is their one tied pub, the Bush Inn.
The Bush Inn, Worcester
The Bush Inn
I must have driven past it 1000 times without even noticing.

This all changes as I get another tick in the Good Beer Guide 2017.

It doesn't look too much but nice etched windows hints at the Victorian Age.   Internet research is even less promising.  A landlord ousted for a seven man brawl and losing his licence.

Still, with just two ticks required to finish our county capital, I need to be brave.

Through the door into a single roomed pub.  Choosing a Canon Royall Teddy Bear may not show the correct level of manliness, so I look at the options, ignore the cider and go for a North Cotswolds Shagweaver, breaking with tradition and ordering it by it's full name.

The Bush Inn, Worcester
Shagweaver

One free seat, which I take.  A band setup - guitarist and a lady singer.  Unfortunately, I cannot stay for long but their rehearsal does prompt me to listen to Melody Gardot on the way home.

She had that kind of voice and it's a shame I couldn't have stayed to hear the set.

The Bush Inn, Worcester
Close to the Action

No comments:

Post a Comment