Sunday 15 April 2012

15/4/12 - Quick round in Quatford

Distance - 5.2 Miles
Geocaches - 13 found, 1 DNF

Bridgnorth Geocaching



There seems to have been an increase in Geocaches in the Bridgnorth Area.  Having nothing really planned, I decide to head out to see how many I can find, with no particular route in mind.  What ensues is a real nice walk and an unexpected castle in Quatford that I didn't know was there.

Park up at the Danery, having seen the Black Widows assembling at the nearby cafe.  Cache number one is in the Church yard.  Stop for a photo and can hear the choir practicing for Sunday Service.

Tempted to join in the harmonising
We then have a bit of a road walk, where the remaining hells angels from wolverhampton are blasting down for their sausage sandwiches.  The must be thinking they will go cold, judging by the speeds they were going.  Take my life in my own hands to get a clever cache on the opposite side of the road, but it was worth it.

Then we drop down onto the Severn Way for some very pleasant walking upstream along the river.  Six caches are along the stretch to the bypass.  None have clues and range in dificulty but manage to get them all. 

Down by the river
Through the caravan park.... looking at the people who have come to sit in a tin box to watch TV.  Always makes me smile... it must be a better experience than watching TV on your sofa.  Turn right at the bypass and clamber up the bank to get to the road.  A couple more caches on the stretch to the Stourbridge Road.  I think one of the caches is on an Island here and with the dog, decide to leave it.

Then down a quiet lane.  Some more familar containers in trees and I can see that I am not the only cacher out today - a couple of caches have been signed by AllWeatherCacher.... was that the fella walking alone along the path?  Turns out it wasn't, as he described the backpack he was carrying in one of his logs, but I do know what car he drives :-)

I have a choice, I can continue back up the Nurburgring or I can take a detour up a bridlepath to go around the back of Quatford Castle.  I had no idea this was here.  Turns out to be a great decision, as the paths here are excellent.  The building is impressive as well.

Great Paths around the castle.
Then I am around the back of Quatford Wood house for a couple of outlier caches.  Get my only DNF of the day but enjoyed the walk, the caches and the sunshine.

43, 10 Second timer but I can still get up trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment