Saturday 22 October 2016

21/10/16 - The Bell, St Johns, Worcester

Distance Walked - Less than a Mile
Geocaches - 3


The St Johns area of Worcester is on the opposite side of the river to the town and a place where the tourists are unlikely to venture.

There are two 2017 Good Beer Guide Pubs within spitting distance of each other.   Finding myself in the county City with an hour to spare, I hunt for a collection of micro geocaches in the dark and manage to knock one of them off.

If it wasn't for the guide, I wouldn't be here.  This level of psycho geography is appealing to me in its complete randomness.

The Bell, St Johns, Worcester London Pride


Random BeerintheEvening Quote - "Why is it that a pub such as this can be well-patronised while others struggle?"

There's a question that I cannot fully answer after my visit.

A couple of clandestine photos taken when people weren't looking out through the curtain-less windows.

The Bell, St Johns, Worcester
The Bell - Brought to you by M&B
The front door is central in the building and brings you into a hallway.  There are two drinking rooms to the right and a large bar to the left.  It takes a moment to get orientated.

The first thing that hits you is the noise.  It may be 7pm on a Friday but I'm unsure whether this is the place or time to be Raggamuffin Rap at such a volume.

The old mod sat nursing his pint in the corner seems to agree with me.  The tattooed ladies seem to quite like it.

I manage to get my self heard to order a London Pride form the handful of real ales on offer.

I don't have the strength to discuss the short measure and make haste to one of the parlour rooms, where I hope it can be enjoyed in relative peace.

The Bell, St Johns, Worcester
If only I could have shut that door.
I like the snug.  I have time to consider the purpose of the Good Beer Guide.  Maybe its all about the beer and not the venue.

Although I can't find much to endorse the pub itself, the London Pride here was better than any that I have had over the last 5 weeks in the Smoke.

Absolutely superb.

Would I go back?

Did I tell you there's another GBG entry in St Johns?

No comments:

Post a Comment