Friday 21 October 2016

20/10/16 - Mabel's Tavern

Walk Distance - Kings Cross to Euston
Geocaches - 0

Blimey, it has got to the point where I cannot even go for a pint without sparking a quick blog.

My time in London has come to a close.  Final customer presentation done.  A bit of time to kill before my train back to the Midlands.

Only thing to do is to get off the tube a stop early and go for a pint.  Little did I know at the time it would be a Good Pub Guide boozer and accurate records need to be maintained.

Mabels Tavern, Mabledon Palce, London - Spitfire Gold


Random BeerintheEvening Quote "You see quite a few in here with their half pints of spitfire or whatever, scanning the QR code for the Cask Marque Ale Trail trying to get round as many pubs as possible in the hope of winning prizes."
I've been rumbled!

I've walked past this typical London looking boozer a number of times but I am unsure if I have ever ventured in before.

20161020_141354
Excuse Photos - Just a handled Samsung Phone with me today
Its a Shepherds Neame House.  I tried a Whitstable Bay on Monday night.  In a day of firsts, I try a Spitfire Gold.  It looks like lager.  It tastes inoffensive enough.

Spitfire Gold
You are Gold
The pub, according to both Google Maps and the Good Beer Guide, is supposedly haunted by the eponymous Mabel.  No ghosts in residence today, only skiving office workers extending their lunch break towards 15:00 hours.

Cask Marque Certificate found to the left of the bar.  Scan #62.

No comments:

Post a Comment