Sunday 13 October 2013

13/10/13 - Millennium Misery

Distance - 3 Miles
Geocaches - 2 Found, 1 I am not climbing into a bush for in this weather
Walk Inspiration

Week behind with all my plans at the moment.  The Millennium Way walk is usually the first weekend of the month.  I am now on Stage 5 and as this is number 1 in the list of 44, so I assume it's the shortest walk of the trail.

Not that I am complaining.  We checked the weather forecast for today and its said "Cats and Dogs" followed by "Biblical".

Park up at the Royal Oak.  I have used this before and I would use it today if I am in any condition, so don't feel too bad about using their car park.  Which is half full at 9am on a Sunday.  Can only assume it was a good night last night.

We head off into the sheep fields behind us.  The walking is good but the weather isn't.

Rain not yet biblical
At this point - merely canine and feline
Not much to report, we pass a lovely cottage, with Bow Brook running underneath it.  I would have taken a photo but the fella was having a smoke out of his kitchen window.

We are back on familiar ground at Churchill Mill.  I tell Sonia of the woman dancing to Robin Thicke in the car park of the fitness centre during Millennium Walk 4. 

The rain takes a turn that would have sent Noah into raptures of told you so smugness.

Yeah - we are feeling great
Not really, no.
Cross the road at the March Hare and skirt around the edges of Broughton Hackett.  Enter the church grounds and find a cache that has us stumped for a while.  Its amazing how good the camo is at blending things in.

We are on the home stretch, picking up mud that attaches to our boots to the size of dinner plates.  The 2nd cache seems to involve some diving into bushes.  Not even I am prepared to do this, although why I am concerned, I do not know.  You can only get so wet.

Last cache at Bow Brook.  Thankfully an easy find and then we have to skirt Court Farm to return to the car.

The Oak - Refuge
Bet they have a roaring fire...
Allowed in the Pub?
But would they let me in?

No comments:

Post a Comment