Saturday 13 July 2013

13/7/13 - Palindrome Day

Distance - 7.5 Miles
Geocaches - 1 (100% and had a TB)
Temperature - 30 Degrees


So I missed my promise of first weekend of the month on the Millennium Trail.  Last week was pre-ordained by going to Manchester.

I like the look of today's leg - the OS map has a big blue cup of joy at the starting point.  That's perfect for post hot weather refreshment but as with so many things in life, initial optimism is met with a great big kick in the nuts.  My country inn has been replaced by a restaurant.  Not a normal restaurant, but one that has fusion in the name.  In my experience, any eatery with a fusion monika is an excuse to add the prices of the two things that are fused together.  Who will forget Bewdley's £80 a couple Indian Fusion restaurant.

Fusion
Still, they may have Perroni
Just before we pick up the Millennium way, I pass a couple of houses.  When picking a house name, I think its key to choose something personal and has specific importance to you.  After all, you are going to live here for the rest of your life and you want people to know what you care about in life.

Boasting
When you know its going to be a good day
Pick up a gymkhana in the farmer's fields.  It wasn't fair to bring the dog with me in this heat for this distance, but it doesn't take long for me to make new friends from the animal kingdom.

Bear
Not the first time that I have been mistaken for a bear

I head south through farmland and thankfully pick up the shade of Great Blaythorn Woods, before heading west into Wadborough.  It might be small, but is has a nice looking pub and the only not previously found cache on route.  It's 9:45am, so I only manage to bag one of them.  It's not nice to be taunted by their tasty fayre.

Pub
Middle of nowhere, and still going strong.
Typical
Feeling really good about life now, you cruel barsteward
Its all fine walking, as I skirt through the shade of Croome Perry Wood and head to Chevington Farm.  The paths and views are both excellent, with the Malverns and Bredon Hill the usual suspects parading themselves in this part of the world.

Why I am here
Blue Skies, Yellow Fields, The Malverns
Skirt the edge of Drake's Broughton. They are having a Classic Car show and I see a few pull in. Then it's just north to Stoulton and back to the car. Probably a bit too hot for walking today, but glad to have ticked off the next stage of the Millennium way, which is turning into a joy.

If anyone wants me, I will be replacing lost body fluids with strong continental lager.

No comments:

Post a Comment