Saturday 13 October 2012

13/10/12 - Kempsey Caching

Distance - 3.4 Miles
Geocaches - 14
First Cache


With climbing peaks and investigating the romans, geocaching has been sadly ignored for the last couple of weekends.  This changed today by taking on a relatively new round on Kempsey Common, surprisingly, an area that I haven't walked before.

Busy week at work, Ellie coming home for the weekend and needing to pack for a business trip means that I head off in not a totally relaxed frame of mind.  Something is bothering me and on the round, I realise what it is. 

I need to go shopping for Smart Casual clothes.  I can do Smart (in a Boris Johnstone style) and I can definately do casual, but what the hell is this middle ground.  Two good pieces of news, a fashion marketing guru is back from Uni for the weekend to assist and house of frazer have a sale on.

Head off into the mist and park up near the Green Street sign for the first cache.  I was going to get a photo of this on the way back, but it was guarded by a man with a stick, so thought best not to.

Head down the lanes, picking up the next one and meeting the gateway to the common.

Common Land Lies behind
Open the gate and we have great views over the Malverns and Worcester, where the cathedral is an impressive land mark.  Meet the only two dog walkers of the day immediately and they are impressed by Molly's squirrel hunting prowess.

The walking is excellent, following the perimter of the common around picking up the caches and a couple of outliers that are not connected to the trail.  A lot of thought has gone into the variety of containers and a couple do make me laugh/admire the ingenuity.

Recent rains have left some impressive puddles, which Molly likes to blast through at full pelt.

Early Bath for Molly
Malverns behind
More Malvern views
Despite having sartorial issues on my mind, I do get 100% on the round, which is unusual for me when I am alone.  Thanks Chickowee for a nice little round, perfect for my needs and bringing a new location to my attention.

Off shopping now.

No comments:

Post a Comment