Saturday 24 March 2012

24/3/12 - 63 Today

Distance - 7.5 Miles
Geocaches - 1, but it was a boster
Walk from - Julie Royle's Worcestershire Walks

So today, I am a plumber's mate.  Our friend has been updating the master bathroom and I have been given the important jobs of sitting downstairs like an expectant father, listening to all the bangs.   And then taking all the rubbish to the tip.

Get there this morning at opening hours and engage in a conversation with a man.   "Looks like we are doing the same job" he offers as he chucks his khazi into the skip.  I reply with "I've had a bit of trouble with the 3/4" pushfit connectors fitting into a 1/2" pressure release valve".  He looks at me like I am mental, so I dumb it down a bit.  "Out toilet cistern was connected to the hot water supply".  This make him smile a bit and then he says that "those tiles you are throwing away are the ones I am putting up".

If I had known this I would have swapped houses with him.

Cam is doing a great job in the bathroom and is unphaseable.  When the tiles are removed and reveal a rotton plasterboard wall, he merely smiles and says "We'll soon fix that".  I had taken John Jameson into the conservatory to ask his opinion.  Sonia says that shes not bothered about the lack of my DIY talents, but I can read the signs.  He gets offered bacon sarnies with his morning cup of tea.

So my lack of DIY skills frees me up for a beautiful walk in Clent from Julie Royles Worcestershire Walks.  Leave in the fog after the 2nd tip run but by the time I get there, its a toss up on whether a jacket is required.  Wish I had left it at home, along with the dog lead that I managed to forget.

Its all familiar walking as I climb Adams Hill, taking in the four stones, toposcope and great views.  Jacket is off and tied to my waist.  Dog has plenty of brummie caines to play with.

Follow the north worcestershire path onto Walton Hill.  The drop down to Calcot Farm is my favorite walking in this area - although if you walk it, you may have your own favourite.

I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.
Stiff drop down to Shut Mill Lane.  Dog is puffing hard, as she still has her winter coat on.  She soons finds refreshment.

Nine today, and I'll drink as much as I want
We then have a serious amount of road walking, the first part on a very steep incline.  I always hate being overtaken on hills, but I pretended to stop for refreshments.  Speedy Gonzales commented on the hill being a killer.  And then left me in his dust.

Come around Newtown and find my only cache of the day.  It really is a stunner - the amount of effort that someone has gone to set it up.  Both of my blog readers ask me why I geocache - I hope this video explains all.

Then its familar walking along paths that offer a fair challenge to Walton Hill's prize of loveliest path in worcestershire. 

Spring has Sprung
Back to the car, passing the Duke of Edinburgh challengers who are carrying more their body weight in back packs.  When I get back to the car, a fella is just about to start his walk and I offer advice that he wont need his coat. He says that he knows that.  I then drive off and see him walking up the hill. 

With his coat on.

No comments:

Post a Comment